“Big 3” (positive, negative and alternator) kit intended for use on stock 2.5L (liter) 4-cylinder engines.
- Similar to the 4.0L kit except shorter battery-to-starter and alternator cable.
- Not for the 2.4L DOHC engine.
- 2 gauge positive battery cable with 4 ga fuse block lead.
- Starter lug cover to protect against accidental short circuits during oil changes. Beware of cheap kits that do not include a cover.
- 2 gauge negative battery cable with 6 gauge chassis ground.
- 6 gauge alternator cable with fuse link (for stock alternator – contact us for aftermarket high output alternators). The fuse link is a protection device like a circuit breaker. Beware of cheap kits that do not include fuse link.
- Anti-corrosion battery washers. Batteries leak acidic fumes around the post. Use these washers to help prevent corrosion.
- Anti-corrosion bolts (standard automotive top post only).
- Military terminal upgrade optional. See below.
- Battery terminal covers optional. See below.
Early TJs use a 1-hole fuse block connector with a straight alternator connection.
Later TJ Jeeps use 2-hole fuse block connector that requires a 90-degree bend on the alternator lug.
Please inspect your Jeep’s fuse box and select correct alternator connection when ordering.