Designed for 1993 – 1998 Grand Cherokee (ZJ) but may fit other models where negative grounds to engine at the coil bracket.
- 40 inch red 1/0 cable with a 5/16 lug.
- 22 inch 4 ga lead w/90 deg 5/16 lug.
- Starter lug cover to protect against accidental short circuits during oil changes. Beware of cheap kits that do not include a cover.
- 30 inch 1/0 black cable w 5/16 lug.
- 16 inch lead for chassis ground.
The kit also includes:
- Installation kit (8 gauge lug for modifying the Jeep “Y” cable with heat shrink and a terminal for the starter solenoid).
- Anti-corrosion battery washers. Batteries leak acidic fumes around the post. Use these washers to help prevent corrosion.
- Tin plates corrosion resistant bolts (standard automotive top post only).
Options and Upgrades:
- Military terminals upgrade optional. See below. (Recommended if adding accessories like lights or winch).
- Battery terminal covers optional. See below. (Recommended. It’s a safety item. Don’t accidentally arch your wrench setting it on battery).
- Upgraded alternator cable optional. See below. (Use 16″ 4 ga for an upgraded alternator. Probably not needed if using the stock alternator).
Cables in the standard kit will be built with die-cast copper battery terminals. Cables with the military terminal option will be built with plated heavy duty ring terminals and military battery terminals.
(Military option is shown in the drawing)