“Big 3” (positive, negative and alternator) kit intended for use on 4.0L (liter) inline 6 cylinder engines.
- 2 gauge positive battery cable with 4 ga fuse block lead (standard automotive top post).
- Starter lug cover to protect against accidental short circuits during oil changes. Beware of cheap kits that do not include a cover.
- 2 gauge negative battery cable with 6 gauge chassis ground (standard automotive top post terminal)
- 6 gauge alternator cable with fuse link (for stock alternator – contact us for aftermarket high output alternators). The fuse link is a protection device like a circuit breaker. Beware of cheap kits that do not include a fuse link.
- anti-corrosion battery washers. Batteries leak acidic fumes around the post. Use these washers to help prevent corrosion.
- anti-corrosion bolts.
- Battery terminal covers optional. See the bottom of this page.
- Alternator cover optional. See the bottom of this page.
- Loom optional. See the bottom of this page.
Early TJs (1997) use a 1-hole fusebox connector. The fusebox end of the alternator wire is straight.
Later TJ Jeeps use a 2-hole fusebox connector that requires a 90-degree terminal on the fusebox end of the alternator wire. Please refer to pictures 3 and 4 above.
Please inspect your Jeep’s fuse box and select the correct connection when ordering.