Jeep WJ - 1999-2004 Grand Cherokee with 4.7L V8
Rev history: 7/11/2018 VWE, tweaked description and increased price.
“Big 3” kit (Positive, Negative & Alternator) for Jeep WJ with 4.7L V8
- 58 inch red 1/0 battery to starter cable with 5/16 starter lug.
- 27-inch 4 gauge battery to fuse box wire.
- Starter lug cover to protect against accidental short circuits. Beware of cheap kits that do not include a cover.
- 44 inch black 1/0 battery to engine block cable.
- 40-inch 4 gauge chassis ground wire.
- 52 inch 4 gauge alternator to fuse box with fuse link. The fuse link is a protection device like a circuit breaker. Beware of cheap kits that do not include fuse link.
- Anti-corrosion battery washers. Batteries leak acidic fumes around the post. Use these washers to help prevent corrosion.
- Tin plated corrosion resistant bolts (standard automotive top post only).
- Military battery terminal upgrade optional. See below.
- Battery terminal covers optional. See below.
Cables in the standard kit will be built with die-cast copper battery terminals. Cables with the military terminal option will be built with plated heavy duty ring terminals and military battery terminals.